Sunday, February 23, 2014

F


SmugMug Daily Link

Back in January when the boys and I visited the Steve Gerberich exhibit at the Museum of Life and Science in Durham, I spotted a cool piece of wood that was partly a nicely curved F.  I REALLY liked it, but I didn't like the extra wood on the right, and I didn't take a very great shot of it.  I hoped to find a better F, and at the NC Zoo, there were a lot of metal rails that ended in an F shape, but I really didn't like those shots either.  Down too low, lots of backgroudn clutter, too straight.  So, I ended up trying to recover the F from the wood shot.  First I tried to keep it intact and just clone out the extra curvy wood on the right.  That was a total fail.  I just couldn't do it.  Then I ended up pulling out the wood F and putting it on a new background.  I tried both wood textures and cement ones which were all other photos I'd taken and found in my Textures and Backgrounds gallery.  I guess I feel like I'm cheating a bit with this F, but I did put some time into it, and I really do like how it turned out, so I'll submit it as my daily anyway.  Escuse off;-)

Here's the black and white version.


SmugMug Link

Here's the original.


SmugMug Link

Here's the NC Zoo F-shaped rail.


SmugMug Link

No comments: