Sunday, February 9, 2014

D


SmugMug Daily Link

This week's alphabet letter is D.  I took an architectural shot earlier in the week which I really liked along with some kitchen tong handles and skewer and scissor handle tops, but then I walked the tool isle at Wal-Mart and saw a D in a construction stapler and decided to see what I could do with it.  This one belongs to Donnie.  He had 4 to choose from (at least one was my dad's).  I picked this one because it looked the 'prettiest' although I still had to fix several of the letters in HEAVY DUTY.  I made a pass at removing the lettering but in the end decided the grittier the better including keeping the manly letters.  There was a lot of back and forth on how much of a straight line the leftmost side should be.  Cocked left and straight didn't quite work so I went with slightly cocked right.


SmugMug Link

Here's the architectural D rotated from an entrance to Cary Towne Center mall.


SmugMug Link

These skewers at Wal-Mart were $9 for 6 of them.  I really wanted to use this D but thought that was outlandish.


SmugMug Link


SmugMug Link

No comments: