Friday, January 31, 2014

Yates Mill in the Snow


SmugMug Daily Link

I had to run an errand yesterday, and the roads were fine to be out on while slushy in the late afternoon sun. Luckily, my errand took me past Yates Mill, and the park was open, so Johnny and I parked and walked over to the mill.  The icicles on the water wheel are impressive!  Unfortunately, we got water in our boots earlier int he day and didn't have on proper snow shoes, so our feet got cold quick, and we headed back to the car after a few shots without walking the millpond loop trail.



SmugMug Link



SmugMug Link

This is how my boots got wet:-)  I taught Johnny to hold the phone landscape next time.  That's Joey in front and on top of me!


Video

Johnny and I had a short walk back to the large icy area in our creek, and boy did he have a good time playing with the ice  Before you say it, please know that I had a long talk with him about walking on ice and how dangerous that can be, but this spot was only inches deep, and I was prepared to haul him out if need be.   Google took my cute pics of him and made them 'move'.  I am enjoying Google's Awesome Photos!


SmugMug Link


SmugMug Link

 The boys are out of school for the 4th day straight.  At this point, Wake County may have to cancel the make-up day already scheduled for year round kids tomorrow.  Actually, we are expecting quite the warm up over the next few days, so hopefully the roads will be deemed safe soon.  Event though I'm pretty sore from acting like a 10 year old in the snow the last few days, I hope to get up out again today to enjoy it while we can.  Johnny is already requesting a trip to the ice:-)

No comments: