Thursday, September 5, 2013

Joey Raising the American Flag at School


SmugMug Daily Link

I had one of those proud mom moments today as I watched Joey and two of his classmate raise the American and NC State flags.  They select a group of 5th graders to handle this task, and Joey has this responsibility through September.  He was excited, and so was I.  I've been watching the kids, seems to always be boys, raise the flag for several years in eager anticipation for one of my boys to get the chance.

I have to say that they did get it raised and that they were respectful and careful but it took them over 15 minutes, and they had to take the flags off and redo them twice and then they had trouble with twisted ropes.  And that was with no wind!  LOL.  They perservered and got it right in the end, though.  


SmugMug Link

No comments: