Sunday, September 8, 2013

I Is for Instrument Panel



SmugMug Daily Link

Once a year for just few hours, Shearon Harris Nuclear Power Plant opens its doors to the community so that folks can tour the training control room. Donnie had been before, but I hadn't. Yesterday was the day, and we had time to go over there unfortunately without the boys who were with their dad. They were giving bucket truck 'rides' to the kids, and Johnny would have loved that! I thought it was fascinating all around. I love driving past the cooling tower and taking pics from time to time, but this was the first time I really got to learn about the plant. I was struggling again to come up with an 'I' shot, and then instrument panel popped into my head. They talked about how much training is involed to to be an operator. Wow! Sounded stressful and quite ivolved. Durig the tour we got to meet several operators. Glad they are there to monitor the systems and keep us all safe. Pray they never have to handle any severe situations.

Here is a pano taken on my iPhone 5 of the whole instrument panel.


SmugMug Link

No comments: