Saturday, October 13, 2012

National Zoo


SmugMug Daily Link

Today we went to the National Zoo.  We saw everything except the small mammal house.  The giant pandas were sleeping, but we got to see the lions awake.  I was so excited to get a shot of the blue-eyed cormorant (upper 2nd from right), the Mandarin Duck, and the monkey which was roaming freely in their Amazonia exhibit. We walked nearly 17,000 steps today from about 9:30 - 5:30 stopping long enough around 2PM to eat a picnic lunch.  Donnie was the best entertaining the boys who seemed to have boundless energy and want to wrestle their way through the zoo.  I was able to take all the pics I wanted and thoroughly enjoyed our visit.


SmugMug Link

We completed our tour of all the Metro lines riding the orange line on our way back to the hotel tonight.  Joey was very pleased.

Tomorrow we head home making some stops in VA along the way.  It's been a fantastic week!

1 comment:

Susan W said...

I think the DC Zoo is one of my favorite places. I'm sure the boys had fun.