Monday, August 13, 2012

Sleepy Kitty


SmugMug Daily Link

The stray cat that we adopted a little over a week ago is doing great!  A few minutes before this shot was taken, Johnny was cuddled up with her on the floor watching TV.  When I called him to the table, I saw how cute and content she was and took a minute to take this shot along with the food shot below.  Can you imagine a kitty, Princess Kitty that is, that likes to snuggle this much?

I was pretty frustrated to see on my computer that the copyright on the Scooby pillowcase was right beside her face.  Grrrr...  I used the clone tool to review it, darkened up the red blanket, tried soft outer focus but took that back off, and finally added a black vignette to tone down the bright one smidge more.  Also cropped to maximum 8X10 from the original.


SmugMug Link

I tried a new recipe last night to go along with our teriyaki London Broil, onions, and green beans.  It was Cauliflower Mash.  A recipe designed to mimic mashed potatoes without the carbs.  Although you could detect a hint of cauliflower taste, it was really yummy and my boys ate it right up.  How can you go wrong with butter, cream, bacon, and cheese, right?  If you haven't served cauliflower ever (like me) or haven't served it lately, I recommend giving this recipe a try.


SmugMug Link

No comments: