Sunday, July 15, 2012

Giant Swallowtail


SmugMug Daily Link

My daily is a Giant Swallowtail taken in the Magic Wings Butterfly House Carolina Pavilion at The Museum of Life and Science in Durham.

Here's what this butterfly looks like from the back.


SmugMug Link

Johnny alerted me to these caterpillars.  Wow!  Left and lower right is the caterpillar of a Black Swallowtail. Upper and center right is the caterpillar of a Polyphemus Moth.



SmugMug Link

Although cropped severely, you can actually see the mouth of the caterpillar eating in this shot!




SmugMug Link

There is a new Into the Mist area at the museum.  What a great thing to do on an extra warm summer's day. Definitely a big hit with my boys who spent over 40 minutes running through the various sections.



SmugMug Link

A Coopers Hawk as identified to me by Ranger Ro.



SmugMug Link

Johnny was extra cute and in an extra good mood yesterday.  That's a prickly stick (close to walking stick) in his hand right middle.  Yes, he's touching a ball python bottom second from left.  A ladybug is on the microscope screen top second from left.


SmugMug Link

Me and the boys, very hot, on the train.



SmugMug Link

Out of steam to edit out the Exit sign from this optical illusion shot of Joey, but I thought it was cool and wanted to share.



SmugMug Link

This beautiful long haired cat is hanging out in my yard eating some of the scraps I put out.  Won't come to me.


SmugMug Link

No comments: