Friday, June 8, 2012

More Butterflies


SmugMug Daily Link

I stopped  by Porter Farms and Nursery for some green beans and an onion and hopped out to take pics of the butterflies on their orange colored butterfly bushes.  There are 5 huge bushes, and they were just covered in various sulphurs, crescents, painted ladies, and buckeyes.  Wow!  I shot off over 350 shots in about 20 minutes.  Here are the ones I think are the best besides the daily.  Some were shot with my Canon S3 IS and some with my Canon SX40 HS.  I even put the SX40 HS in continuous shooting mode trying to capture inflight shots!  Take a look at the bees flying into the shots!

Watch out here I come!


SmugMug Link

Just stopping by!


SmugMug Link

Butterfly Angel...


SmugMug Link


SmugMug Link

These guys are relatively tiny in comparison to a swallowtail but larger than a gray streak



SmugMug Link

This is a Buckeye.

SmugMug Link

No comments: