Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Yummy Lunch


SmugMug Daily Link

I guess I'm going to try to make you hungry today:-)  Donnie and I with the boys going along for the ride are trying to change our diets to include more 'real' fat and whole and raw foods.  High carbs and processed foods are out the door.  Local bought cage free eggs are in.  Bread with dinner is out.  Whole milk and even cream are now enjoyed.  So I'm cooking different types of meals and experimenting with new foods and recipes.  We're not hungry, and we are losing a bit of weight.  Hopefully our cholesterol and blood sugar will be healthy too.

I made Donnie and I a yummy lunch yesterday.  I sauteed some Vidalia onions and a sweet yellow pepper in coconut oil.  The chicken was marinated in lime juice, olive oil, and garlic.  After the onions were almost done, the chicken was added to saute too.  Sour cream, whole milk mozzarella, and some diced fresh tomatoes along with the chicken were put on a warp to complete the meal.  Yum!


SmugMug Link

Notice I'm learning to cook in an iron skillet which was not easy for me but after burning some things I've now gotten the hang of using it even for eggs.

Besides being aware of Atkins because it was a highly publicized diet in the 70s, we stumbled upon a few other websites and videos which made us rethink what we were eating.  If you happen to be interested, here are a few links.
Weston A Price Foundation  and The Oiling of America
Enjoy Eating Saturated Fats.  They're Good for You. by Donald W. Miller, Jr. M.D.
Duke University New Atkins Ketogenic Diet for Weight Loss and Health by Dr. Eric Westman

I'm not pushing the diets or anything.  I may share a food picture from time to time or mention how we're doing modifying our diet, but I won't be talking about it too often.

No comments: