Sunday, January 22, 2012

Something Fishy


mugMug Daily Link

The pictures I took during yesterday's trip to Marbles Kids Museum were all about geometric shapes and textures.  I did take some fun pics of the kids, but I also spent a lot of time trying to scope out things regular visitors to the museum might not notice.

My daily is one of the fish in their big fish tank.  Art inspired me to try a tank shot when he posted one from a tank at a restaurant last week.  I spent some time with the clone tool cleaning up spots on the glass that showed up in the dark area above the fish.  I ran Noiseware on it and adjusted the contrast and then did a crop to 8X10 taking away just a bit of the image.

This shot is of a girder in the ceiling near the Around Town play area.  I guess there was an extra amount of spotlight coming through that one hole to cause the ghosting effect.  This is a digital zoom, so it has a lot of grain, but in this case I think it makes the girder look like something more than what it is.


SmugMug Link

The boys enjoyed building in the block area.  Johnny came up with this fill the hole design all by himself:-)  I took one with and without his hand and liked this one better.


SmugMug Link

Of course at Marbles there are a lot of marbles.  The building incorporates them inside and out.  I just wish they were lit up better and closer.




SmugMug Link

Out in the garden area, there were quite a few of this solar powered walkway lights.  I love gazing globes small and big!


SmugMug Link

The railing is a circle, and the opening looks down from the 2nd floor to the first floor lobby.  I liked the reflection and tried to capture some interest with those passing by on the other side.  They are in the Millennium Falcon style window enjoying the view of Moore Square.


SmugMug Link

This is a close-up of a tree through a glass window.



SmugMug Link

And this is the spin art activity that they had going on in their art area.


SmugMug Link

Here are my boys doing what they do best at the museum...playing and having fun...  That shot of Johnny lower left is way cool.  I was very far away, and you can still see his eye through the pretend telescope lens.  The shot is not cropped, but it is 35x optical zoom to get that close to him.  I am enjoying the better zoom and lower light capabilities of the Canon SX40 HS.


SmugMug Link

I'll leave you with one more shot because I just love the Millennium Falcon window.  I sure wish the railing behind me while taking the window shot did not show up in my picture!  If it hadn't, this would be my daily!


SmugMug Link

No comments: