Monday, January 9, 2012

Birdatude


SmugMug Daily Link

As I mentioned yesterday, there are a few more shots from Sylvan Heights Waterfowl Park in Scotland Neck, NC that I'd like to share with you.

For my POTD, I've chosen a close-up of a Sandhill Crane.  There are two birds in this habitat, and boy do they have some attitude.  You have to be careful about getting too close to the fence otherwise you are liable to have that long beak coming through one of the holes toward you:-)  I love the eye, but I am not happy about the overexposed area under the eye.  I tried to adjust a bit, and it's better, but I couldn't completely fix. Still, I like the birdatude here.

And, here are a few more:


SmugMug Link


SmugMug Link


SmugMug Link


SmugMug Link


SmugMug Link


SmugMug Link


SmugMug Link

Donnie gave Johnny an Erector set for Christmas, and they started building it after dinner last night. I know they worked on it for at least an hour.  I thought it was cute how Johnny sat in Donnie's lap the whole time, and I became interested in how their hands were working together to get the job done.


SmugMug Link


SmugMug Link

That was some OT game last night.  Go Tebow!  Go Denver!

No comments: