Saturday, October 8, 2011

Great Blue Heron



SmugMug Daily Link

My daily shot of the Great Blue Heron (GBH) was taken at The Museum of Life and Science in Durham yesterday.  I often see a GBH on the far side of the wetlands area and was thrilled yesterday when he was much closer than usual.  I was able to watch him and take pics for about 15 minutes from two different locations.  I saw him come away with a frog one time and a fish another time.


SmugMug Link


SmugMug Link

I mentioned yesterday that life had thrown me another curve ball, and I think I'm ready to say today that I found out this week that I have breast cancer.  I was at the hospital yesterday having some tests done on and off while the boys were with Don at the museum.  This was Don's first visit to the museum although he's seen many pics from there of course, and he did a great job with the boys.  I really appreciated them all being with me and keeping my spirits up.

We're in the assessment stage of what steps to take to treat the cancer.  I think I'm in for a rough 6 months of treatment but that my chances are good at beating this.  I know without you saying that you are pulling for me.  From time to time I'm sure I'll let you know how I'm doing.

A few other pics from yesterday that warmed my heart...


SmugMug Link



SmugMug Link


SmugMug Link

No comments: