Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Boo!


SmugMug Daily Link

Today's daily is a work of art created by me and Joey.  It involves a couple of sets of window gel clings, a large and unfortunately heavy textured but clear plate, and some orange tissue paper.  Joey arranged the clings on the plate, and we proceeded to try to take pics.  That wasn't working out quite right...too much of the background light and objects bleeding through, so I dug out first white computer paper and then orange tissue paper to soften the light and hide the background.  Joey REALLY wanted to hold the plate for me, but even with two hands, it was just too heavy to keep it over his head.  I ended up holding it with my left hand while taking pics with the right hand.  Now the original sooc shot was too close to the sides to crop to 8X10, so I created a new blank and orange 8X10 layer in PSE7 and then drug the original shot onto it.  I did get rid of a few black blips on the very outer edge of the original shot.  Then, I added a green frame to the picture layer.  It looked pretty cool, but then I experimented with some other filters on the picture layer and ended up duplicating it and making the duplicate layer solarized with pin light.  That added in the green cloudy effect. What do you think? I produced it in 8X10 and 4X6.

My helper Joey:-)


SmugMug Link

Original shot:


SmugMug Link

Another shot I did last night with a different gel cling and some very tiny green glass gravel.  The kitty cat and bat are part of a brush set.  Same concept here as described above with the blank layer being new and 8X10 and just dragging over the part of the original image that I wanted to use onto it.  I had to fix the green gravel a lot around the edges.


SmugMug Link

Original:


SmugMug Link

Oh, and a candle shot to round out this Halloween card series.  I was burnt out by the time I got to this one but cleaned it up pretty good with the clone tool and then Noiseware filter.


SmugMug Link

Original:


SmugMug Link

We all know I enjoy producing cards from my pictures, and this is just a sample of ones for Halloween this year.

No comments: