Thursday, September 22, 2011

Amber Visions


SmugMug Daily Link

Yesterday was just one of those days.  It got to be bedtime, and I hadn't taken many pictures.  I was feeling restless about the stuff going on with my dad's estate, and I ended up going through some boxes of glassware that were passed down from my mother's mother's house.  The connection is that the boxes were at dad's house and now are at my house.  Anyway, there are a few pretty amber pieces in there, and I thought I'd try to light them up and see if there was a macro type shot there.  I came away with three shots that I like and these two:


SmugMug Link

and:


SmugMug Link

I really like the pattern in the first one, and in the second one, you're seeing another view of the same cup posted in my daily.  The flowers a neat contrast to the grid pattern I think.

Here is a picture showing the pieces I was working with and where I was working with them:-)


SmugMug Link

More treasures await me on other days...

No comments: