Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Pensacola Lighthouse

We went onto the Pensacola Naval Air Station base yesterday to see the Pensacola Lighthouse and the National Naval Aviation Museum and had a fantastic time. The two are virtually side-by-side. It's 177 steps to the top of the lighthouse, and all the kids made it without too much fuss. This lighthouse is still operational, so the mechanics of the lens were moving, and we had to be careful not to bump into it as we went out on the observation deck. The view out on the observation deck was awesome. The pano in this collage is a 14 shot stitch:-) That's the Santa Rosa sound out there best as I understand. Reminded me of Ocracoke where the ships pass through the channel on their way out to sea.

I borrowed my girlfriend Patricia's sign shot for this collage. Mine was too crooked to fix. Thanks! I wish the sign was a bit smaller real estate wise in this collage, but with the two other long shots that's just how it worked out.

Today it's going to be canoeing.

There's a pano of the other side here but unfortunately I missed part of two images and it has two bad seams:

I have a collage of my best lighthouse shots here:

Near the red water towers you can see two of the Blue Angels planes and their Fat Albert support aircraft:


Black skimmers seen on the drive there:

The National Naval Aviation Museum is celebrating 100 years of Naval Aviation, and the museum has recently doubled in size/exhibits. Wow! Hard to show you those shots in a collage, but one of the ones I liked are here:


No comments: