Monday, September 8, 2008

Is it Halloween yet?







I haven't blogged for a while. There are several new albums out on my Picasa site, but I haven't featured the albums in a blog...sorry. Instead of trying to back up, I'm just moving forward starting tonight.

It's kindof my own fault, I know, but I keep getting the question, "Is it Hallween yet?" especially from Johnny. Nevermind that it's only 9/8, but all the stores have the Halloween stuff out, and I'm proud, sad, happy, guilty and excited to report that it's going up at our house too. When Joey was born, I envisioned putting up the Halloween stuff AFTER his early October b'day so that we could enjoy his b'day as a separate entity. That is such a laugh now! Let's face it, I love Halloween as much as the kids, so why postpone something that can last for, well, 6-8 weeks.

We have been doing Perler Bead Halloween projects and hanging them in the boys' room for over a week now.



Tonight, we got out our fiber optic goblins, a haunted house (think Little People play house), and a bunch of McD Halloween toys. The boys had a lot of fun playing with the toys while I made dinner.

We are also REALLY into reading our Halloween books. I'm glad to give us all renewed interest in sitting down to read (for a long time) together. The house already echos with "The House that Jack Haunted":-)

Frank is coming...........................(those that need to know what that means know;-)

All the pics from tonight are here.

1 comment:

Don Miller said...

Hey,
I bought candy corn last week at WM. It didn't even last the weekend. Candy corn is like my favorite (non chocolate) Halloween candy!