Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Great Blue Heron at Lake Wheeler

On Tuesdays, I take Joey to school. Johnny goesn't go to school on Tuesdays; he heads to the gym with Rick. Lately, I've been wanting to take pics a lot. I know, you hadn't guessed that, right? Anyway, I've been heading out early for school so we can take pics along the way. Sometimes Joey just plays his video game and lets me get out and take pics of some flowers or something and is content. Today I decided to try to make it more fun for him. We went to Lake Wheeler park to feed the ducks and see what we could see. It's a very different place on a weekday morning. There were hardly any people there. There were fewer birds. It was calm and relaxing. I saw a big bird way away from us, so we walked closer, quietly to investigate. I took some pics from a distance and then risked moving closer and potentially scaring them away to get a better pic. I was lucky, and managed to snap the best shots that I could get given the distance (over 100 feet) and the zoom capability of my camera. When I got back to my computer, and inspected the photos, I'm happy to report that I finally got my picture of a Great Blue Heron. Big smiles. It's not print quality, but Joey and I saw it together and enjoyed it and it was great. Hope you enjoy too.









The rest of the pics are here.

No comments: