Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Monarch on Butterfly Bush


SmugMug Daily Link

I naturally look over at the huge butterfly bushes in my yard every time I come and go to the garage on foot or in my car.  There are two white and two purple.  Most summers, these bushes are filled with butterflies, but this summer there were very few.  Still, I never gave up looking over in the hope of seeing one and getting some pictures.  Today I was rewarded by seeing a Monarch Butterfly fluttering about.  This is the second day in a row I've seen at least one Monarch in my home town of Fuquay-Varina, NC.  I guess they are migrating home for winter.  It was around 5PM and the sun was setting, so I had to raise the ISO.  This shot doesn't have the crisp feel that yesterday's shot had, but I like the pose and the bokeh and hope you enjoy it too.

No comments: