Monday, October 7, 2013

Minecraft Creeper


SmugMug Daily Link

Let's face it, Joey is a Minecraft addict.  He talks about it at breakfast, on the drive home from school, and before bed.  Geez.  I do wish he was that excited about something more useful in life, but he's soon to be 11, and Minecraft is what excites him right now.  I don't know all the lingo, but I do know who the Creeper is.  Hey, why do these kids love this game of poor quality pixelated images?  I digress.  With Halloween coming up, I decided to help Joey make a Minecraft costume, and he chose the Creeper.  We found  a Kleenex box at Wal-Mart that was roughly a square.  I trimmed it down on the open end as needed.  Unfortuntely, it was about 13.75 inches wide and deep.  The Creeper has an 8X8 grid.  I decided to put a .75 inch border of black around the edges and then use 1.5x1.5 inch squares.  I tried to explain the math to Joey.  He did get that there were 64 squares per side.  I used my Creative Memories small paper cutter to make the squares, and Joey laid them out on a template and then affixed them to the box.  We used double sided tape and glue dots.  So far, we have done 2 sides.  3 more (including the top) to go.  We will be done in plenty of time for Halloween.  I'd love to get him a Minecraft foam Sword, but at $25 on Amazon, I think we'll be trying to make that too!


SmugMug Link


SmugMug Link

This is a screen shot of Joey's Minecraft world.  He changed his skin to a Halloween theme today and was all the talk about it.


SmugMug Link

No comments: