Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas!


SmugMug Daily Link

I got a lot of things that I wanted for Christmas including this shot of me and Donnie!  While we had on our red shirts, I made a few minutes and set up the tripod and used the self timer.  Usually one of the kids takes pics if I want, but the last few times they didn't turn out as good as I hoped.  I immediately updated my Facebook profile picture and then cover photo to match.

I think I've gone 24 hours without fever now but I'm still coughing and going through tissues.  Johnny is a day or so behind me, and Donnie is trying hard not to get it.  We tried very hard not to let it put a damper on Christmas, and it didn't.

Milk and graham crackers with chocolate nut butter was put out for Santa on Christmas Eve.  We use this plate and mug every year.  A nice tradition I think.  Carrots are for the reindeer.


SmugMug Link

I came out to the kitchen this morning, and the kids were so excited to tell me what the elves had done last night.  Christmas magic for sure!  Donnie gave me the Food Network pots and pans from Kohl's.  The elves helped to deliver:-)


SmugMug Link

It was a Nexus 7 Christmas at our house.  How about at yours? Donnie already had one, and Santa bought one for each of the boys.


SmugMug Link

Angry Birds made an appearance too:-)  Some from Santa and some from the Tedrow Family.


SmugMug Link

Gotta take care of the guy on my list that does such a good job taking care of me.  One of the things Donnie got was a battery powered chainsaw.  Hopefully perfect for small and quick jobs.


SmugMug Link

Dinner was an organic smoked ham that we ordered from a farm in Wisconsin.  It was very good.  We broke our very low carb diet and had some sweet potatoes in butter and brown sugar sauce and a cheesecake with black cherry and maple syrup topping.  Yum!  Cauliflower mash, organic sparkling apple cider, and broccoli rounded out the meal.  Oh, and there was homemade cranberry sauce too!  Silly Joey won't eat ham, so I fixed him a small steak.



SmugMug Link

Smiling faces like this


SmugMug Link

and special moments like this made my day.


SmugMug Link

All smiles until next year...


SmugMug Link

No comments: