Saturday, December 29, 2012

Camellia Out the Kitchen Window


SmugMug Daily Link

I would be remiss if I didn't share a capture of the camellia that's just out my kitchen window too.  This bush is 20' tall and 10' wide...a bit of a freak made so by the warm heat from the dryer vent on the wall behind it.  The birds fly in, grab a sunflower heart, and go back to the tree to break it open and eat it.  I tried to line up a shot of one of the cardinals with a flower in it but no luck yet.  It's 49 today, and we haven't had too many nights below freezing although tonight it will get into the 20s.  The currently open blooms will suffer in the cold, but with each warm-up we have, a few new ones will open.  I just have to scare off the squirrels trying to eat them.  Apparently they taste as good as they look.


No comments: