Saturday, November 10, 2012

Yates Mill from the Distant Shore


SmugMug Daily Link

Donnie took me back to Yates Mill today.  He knows how important it is to me this time of year to try to capture the mill with the fall foliage.  This time the boys were with us.  Donnie spent most of his time wrestling with the boys as we walked the mill pond path freeing me up to take the pics that I wanted.   There are a lot of briers along the pond's edge, and at one point, I was totally entangled in them.  Thankfully I got myself back out with only one scratch on my left hand.

I think we are near peak color.  As you can see, the maples, dogwoods, and sourwood trees were a vibrant red today.  No interesting bird sightings today, but the comp and color made up for that!


SmugMug Link

Before and after Yates Mill we were at the boys' basketball evaluations.  We'll get a call this week about what team they are on and then practices start shortly thereafter.  Neither of them has much experience and some of the other boys looked really good, but I am sure they will improve a lot like they did with baseball this past year.


SmugMug Link


SmugMug Link

Joey is in orange below.


SmugMug Link

Johnny is number 6 below waiting his turn to dribble and shoot.


SmugMug Link

They do their best to build the teams with players of all skills to even things out.  That way it stays fun for everyone.

No comments: