Friday, September 14, 2012

On the Field


SmugMug Daily Link

Joey 's Little League Baseball Team the Bats had their first game Wednesday night. Joey is #11 this season. I had a yucky seat behind the fence and out of the dugout.  I didn't take too many pics as a consequence.  I kindof liked this view showing the boys gathering before the game.  The kids take turn reading something similar to the Pledge of Allegiance but baseball themed.

I trust in God
I love my country
And will respect its laws
I will play fair
And strive to win
But win or lose
I will always do my best

I made the best lunch for me and Donnie.  I taught myself how to debone, but not deskin, some chicken thights.  I salted and peppered them and let them sit.  After a while, I browned them in bacon grease.  When they were done, I put a tablespoon or so of homemade BBQ sauce (made another day), on each thigh, topped with some bacon pieces, and topped with cheddar cheese.  OMG they were good!  Served with sauteed onions and asparagus in butter sauce.


SmugMug Link

No comments: