Sunday, April 22, 2012

Fly!


SmugMug Daily Link

Donnie and I checked on the progress of the bluebirds that are nesting in his yard/box yesterday.  We saw 3 healthy chicks.  You might remember on 4/15 I saw 3 brand new babies and one unhatched egg.  I guess the 4th egg never hatched.  Too bad but at least the 3 are doing well.  From the deck near the box which is at the 2nd story level, I took some shots of the mom and dad in the tree that's next to the box.  Such beautiful birds and a joy to watch.  I caught the dad taking off one time right as I went to take his portrait, and that's the picture that I pp'ed and posted as my daily.  Here's the original.


SmugMug Link

Notice that I had to fix the whited out branch.  I pulled it from another shot where it wasn't overexposed and added it into the daily shot as a new layer.  The shot was pp'ed in Color Efex Pro and then PhotoFrame for the texture.  It was already not sharp, and I wanted to smooth it out and blend it in and then texture it up some.  Donnie picked the one with the texture vs. the one just pp'ed in Color Efex Pro which is here.



SmugMug Link


SmugMug Link



SmugMug Link




SmugMug Link


SmugMug Link


SmugMug Link

No comments: