Thursday, July 28, 2011

Not a Cardinal


Imagine my surprise while during supper prep tonight this male summer tanager showed up at my bird feeder and bath. I've seen these birds around sometimes but never up close near the house like this. I think he was determined to chase off the cardinal fledgling:
 
 
no matter what but the cardinal really held it's ground for a while. Notice the feathers on the cardinal fledgling really starting to take on more of a red tint now. Quite a change over the last 6 weeks.

Posting late because I didn't take any pics yesterday and was so busy with work and the boys being tracked that I had trouble taking pics and doing anything with them today too. Thank goodness I finally got a few minutes with the camera around dinnertime.

The memorial service went as good as those things can go. I saw some of dad's friends that I hadn't seen for 20+ years. It was very good to see them.

Maybe tomorrow will be a 'normal' day for me. I don't count on it these days, though.

No comments: