Friday, July 29, 2011

Kabobs


If you weren't thinking about grilling out today, maybe you should:-) Of course, with the high temp here predicted to be 102 and hot temps in many other places, I can see why you might enjoy cooking in the AC too. Chicken with an Italian style marinade. The boys ate them right up! However, they mostly passed on this wonderful side dish that I also offered:

 
Joey ate the rice and beans and Johnny ate the rice and squash. I was starved and ate my portion right up!

The complete meal start to finish:


This is the link where I got the idea for the side dish.  My boys prefer squash, and I added corn and used yellow rice cooked separately.  I also had plain diced tomatoes on hand so put in some minced garlic and some oregano and Nature's Own Seasoning and then a bit of balsamic vinaigrette dressing at the very end.

No comments: