Friday, July 31, 2009

Red-Tailed Hawk


I took this picture on my way to work yesterday near the swamp where I go often. I think he is a red-tailed hawk (see new note below). As I drove up, I saw him fly overhead in the sky. Nice of him to land on a tree branch that I could take pictures on without even getting out of my car! I wasn't too lazy to get out, but if I did, he probably would have flown. Anyway, I took some shots, moved up a few feet closer, took a few more, and moved again until he flew. Then, I got pics of him on two other branches. I guess it's my week to have twigs in my shots near my subject's faces. I have a few shots where there aren't any twigs, but his face is better in this pic and so is the color I think. Anyway, enjoy him. I did.

More shots of him are here. I was sad yet again to see the big dead try overlooking the pond on the ground. The storm the other day knocked it over. I took pics of a great blue heron standing in that tree a couple of weeks ago...no more. Such is the way nature works, though.

No comments: