Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The Joy of the Season


May you experience
the magic and wonder
of the season
through a child's eyes.



I read that in an e-mail that was sent to me today and thought to myself how true that is even if a toy company did send it! I certainly am seeing a lot of magic and wonder combined with joy and delight in Joey and Johnny's eyes this year.

Last night while we were crafting, the boys and I were singing Christmas carols. I am so pleased that Johnny is participating...even spontaneously starting to sing the carols on his own sometimes.

Johnny asks every morning now if Santa has come? Yesterday he all but insisted that we stop what we were doing and make Santa Christmas cookies. So sweet...

Joey keeps wrapping gifts for people (and our dogs). He finds an item in the house that he thinks will be enjoyed and sets about using paper and tape to wrap it up. He even decorated the wrapping paper for Blaze's gift with a drawing of Tigger and other animals. He keeps saying it's all about giving not receiving repeating what I'm sure he's heard at preschool and in videos. Too cute...

I love the hustle and bustle of the holiday season more than most, but even I am taking time to enjoy all the season has to offer... They're only little once, so step back and soak it all in.

Our best holiday 2008 pics are here.

No comments: