Monday, November 24, 2008

Johnny Did It!



Johnny's preschool had it's Thanksgiving program tonight.

It was really touch and go all week whether or not Johnny was going to going to participate or not. During pick-up today, Miss Lori told me to hand him off and leave QUICK tonight. To his protest, that's just what I did. Miss Amy did a great job of taking him from me and letting me make a fast retreat. Whew...

Let me just say that the kids, staff, and the music teacher, Miss Helga, did a great job with the Thanksgiving program. It worked out really well in the new gym/auditorium multipurpose room. There were about 5 songs, and the kids were lively and well practiced and having fun. All the parents really enjoyed it too!

Johnny came in looking for us. I worried he would jump out of line. He did not. Miss Lori was right behind him and got him situated on stage. He was singing to the songs, moving his hands as best as he could with the other kids, and generally doing well. I think the kids forget to smile sometimes when they are concentrating on not forgetting the words, etc. The highlight for Johnny had to be putting the pumpkin in the cornucopia. Big smile there.

Lucky for me, I was right up front (with Joey sitting in my lap), so I got some decent pics:-)
A special thanks to Miss Lori and Miss Amy for all their efforts in helping Johnny to succeed tonight:-)

Enjoy!

The album pics are here.

No comments: