Monday, December 15, 2014

Joey and Johnny Light Trees


SmugMug Daily Link

It all started when I read this cool blog post filled with fun holiday photo ideas.  I just had to try to create my own version of kid light trees.  Joey and Johnny were both eager to help.  I dug out a strand of white on white and color on white Christmas lights.  A 50 light strand will do.  I put my camera on my tripod and set up a manual exposure for various times between 3 and 10 seconds. I tried shots with the background Christmas tree on and off.  The boys did a great job of holding still.  I used the self timer and then started spinning the lights around the boys in a nice circular pattern.  I did my best to keep me and the extra light string out of the shot.  The boys were super impressed seeing themselves surrounded by a light tree.  Give it a try for yourself.  It's great family fun.


SmugMug Daily Link


SmugMug Link

No comments: