Saturday, August 30, 2014

NC First Lego League 2014 Kick-Off


SmugMug Daily Link

Johnny and I traveled to NC A&T today to attend the NC First Lego League 2014 kick-off.  There were about 350 people there.  I'm not sure how many teams.  It was a great opportunity to network with other Lego robot enthusiasts and to learn about the challenge that was just released.  There were workshops on strong robot building, EV3 programming, brainstorming ideas for the research component, and a One and Done where we got to try to build/program one complete mission on the board.  Johnny and I learned  ton!

Pictured is Johnny at the One and Done session.  He is thrilled that he just completed one of the missions.  Blurry as it is, I just ell in love with his jumping and smile.  You can see the video I pulled this image out of below.

Video

No comments: