Thursday, July 24, 2014

Linville Falls, North Carolina


SmugMug Daily Link

Our family went on a mini vacation to the Boone, NC area Monday and Tuesday of this week.  On Monday, we went to Linville Caverns, Linville Falls (Chimney and Erwin overlooks), and the Linn Cove Viaduct.  The rain held off, and despite no sun, we had great views and a fantastic time.  I hope to go back to the falls again and go on the trail that goes around the back side of the falls.  That trail also lets you go won to the river itself.

I used OnOne's ColorEfex Pro filters to process this shot.  I like what they do better than using my Photomatix HDR tools.

Here's a horizontal but similar view.


SmugMug Link

Here's a video of the falls too.

Video I was reminded of the beautiful photography of Rob Moody as I enjoyed this view and remembered his Watkins Glen waterfall shots. We spent about 90 minutes on our hike.  I'm sure the other trail would have added another 90 minutes to our trip, but it was going on 5pm and threatening rain, so we called it a day. Here is the family collage of views on the trail and of the falls.
SmugMug Link I'll share some pics of the caverns and viaduct another day.

No comments: