Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day


SmugMug Daily Link

I've been quiet today, but I'm wishing all my mom friends out there a very Happy Mother's Day even if it's a bit late.  It was a busy but fun Mother's Day with all my boys.  Here's the low down.  Joey snuck Mr. Don into our spare bedroom last night to make me a Mother's Day card.  They did a lovely job (purple one on the left top left photo).  Johnny had made his card at school.  I though the tissue paper flowers were lovely.  I had a special breakfast.  Usually we have bacon with breakfast and Donnie cooks.  Today we had sausage, and Joey stepped up to help.  He's browning the sausage in the middle top picture.  Meanwhile I had Johnny help with the vacuum.  Having a clean house is a good thing to let a mom enjoy the day.  Donnie and Joey served me up this monster onion, sausage, and cheese omelet.  Yum!  Not pictured, I got Joey to use the blower on the deck and driveway.  We rested for a while and then went to Donnie's house.  He spent time sanding and spackling the ceilings we've been working on...again.  He's been working so hard to get the house ready for us to move in, and I really appreciate it.  I took a trip to The Garden Hut with Johnny.  The flowers were GORGEOUS!  I took pics. I'll share some more of them this week.  Then meanwhile back at the house, I got the boys to wash my car.  Of course that meant they washed each other too.  First water play of the year.  FUN!  Did you hear them at your house?  They were loud and giggling up a storm as they chased each other with the hose.  I did cook dinner, but that's OK, Sunday meals are special in our house and it turned out yummy and enjoyable (chicken thighs with carrots and turnips, asparagus, and cauliflower mash). Donnie cooks breakfast for me all the time, and I'm a lucky girl.  Now to enjoy my birthday tomorrow:-)

No comments: