Thursday, August 6, 2009

Paint Boys!



When I was a little girl, my dad used to take me for walks in the rain with my little red goulashes.

He let me get filthy dirty at the company picnic we went to every summer.

He talked my mom into letting me have a dog in the backyard and then slowly we moved the dog into the house.

He took me to the mall to play Asteroids and other video games. He even tolerated me beating him nearly every single time.

Oh, and let's not forget the Charlies Angels and Star Wars trading cards, 45 singles, coins, stamps, McD glasses, and various other things he went out of his way to help me collect.

He baked with me in the kitchen...lemon sugar cookies, cheesecakes, and other fine delights. I was allowed to stamp the cookies too thin and spew flour in the kitchen if it made me happy and helped me learn.

Hopefully when my dad looks at a picture of my boys that looks like this, he smiles and knows I'm just following in his footsteps. Some day I hope my boys will follow in my footsteps too.

More paint pics are here.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: