Thursday, July 10, 2008

Nature - Sometimes Harsh Yet Beautiful






I have to admit that I'm excited about some of the pics I took today. Let me give a special thanks to Danny and Christine for letting me come to their garden and take pics. I wouldn't have some of these cools shots without their help. The large lantana bush that they have blooming in their front yard has tons of neat insects on it right now. I was able to get a shot of a yellow swallowtail butterfly with somewhat damaged wings...probably from the recent storms. I was also able to get shots of an American Lady butterfly and the Hemaris Diffinis moth again. But, what turned out to be most amazing was finding a praying mantis feeding on a black swallowtail butterfly. I don't have a 'real' black swallowtail picture yet, so I wish this guy had been flying around, but the feeding shots are quite interesting, if not sad, too. Then, on the way to The Little Gym tonight, I was pretty sure I spotted a deer lying on the bank of the little water spot coming out of Fuquay on Hwy. 55. I turned around, and sure enough, it was a fawn. I was very pleased that the 'baby' let me get off several pics. Whoa!
I hope you enjoy...
The rest of the best pics from today are here.

No comments: