Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day & What is that darn butterfly?

The boys and I talked Rick into a trip to Lake Wheeler Park today which also turned into a trip to Yates Mill Pond. We had a good time. Temps were in the low 80s. The boys were happy to show their Dad their Mom turf. I was happy to take lots of pics. I'll share a few of the today's best below. You can see the best of the best here on Picasa. All of today's pics are here on Picasa. And, the nature pics I uploaded to SmugMug from today are here. Best as I can tell (with some help), is that the first butterfly is an American Lady and the second is a Buckeye.








2 comments:

The Vollmers said...

The spotted butterfly pictured with the open wings is a buckeye, as seen here . The pic with the closed wing is an American Lady, you were right there.

Christina said...

The Father's Day pics are all great! You take fantastic pictures!!!