Friday, March 2, 2012

Reaching for the Sun


SmugMug Daily Link

Well, I was going to post another shot from The Garden Hut today, but then I took this Star Magnolia picture yesterday at a local park.  I don't know how I got so lucky on this shot with the sharp focus.  Really.  The winds were near 20mph, and the blossoms were blowing all over the place.  Lots of the 100+ shots that I took in 10 minutes time had the petals blown to the far left or far right or the darn flower I was shooting was half blown out of the frame by the time I took the shot.  I'm glad I didn't give up and kept shooting.

Here's a collage of the best six shots which includes the daily shot:


SmugMug Link

This camellia is blooming up a storm in my front yard right now with several of it's brothers and sisters.  Love that red!  I snapped this quick shot before the blooms are all gone.


SmugMug Link

Madi's dad, Danny, has to put a new liner in the pool before we can swim and play volleyball this summer.  Donnie and I stopped by to check on the progress.  I thought this shot of the engineers discussing the work to be done was kindof cute.


SmugMug Link

Maybe I'll post another Garden Hut picture tomorrow...or not.  We did hit 80 yesterday but did not break the 1979 record of 82.

No comments: