Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The Beauty of an Orchid


SmugMug Daily Link

After I picked up the boys from school yesterday, I took one of the orchids that's blooming on my plant cart outside and too some pics.  The late day sun was warm in both air and color temperature.  I had a good time lying on the driveway, soaking up the sun, and taking about 50 shots from various angles trying to get a good shot.

3 very different shots out of the lot caught my eye, so I did a bit of clean-up work on them and then went back and forth with Donnie trying to figure out which was best.  It's hard when all 3 have very different things that I really like.

I was really drawn to the color adjusted blue background in the shot below.  But, the white center is over exposed:-(  I tried to get it back but couldn't.


SmugMug Link

I really liked the longer crop and darker background on the shot below, but the white center is a smidge out of focus.


SmugMug Link

So I went with the graduated orange tone background for it's center flower sharpness and color.

Pretty interesting how the shots turned out so different but were taken within 5' of each other in a 10 minute span of time.

No comments: