Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Funky Glory


SmugMug Daily Link

This is in PSE 7 with the original fixed layer and a metal texture layer on top and the metal texture layer as a Difference layer.

I took the original of this shot a week or so ago and always intended to come back and try to do something more with it.  Here's a fixed up but close to the original shot where I cropped to 8X10 and cloned out a bit of misc. greenery near the bottom:


SmugMug Link

I liked that cleaner view but it didn't grab me, so I started playing around.  Besides the funky green 70s version inspired by listening to The Delfonics - Didn't I (Blow Your Mind):


I also produced a few other versions.  This one has a Timeless quality I think:


SmugMug Link

And here's what I envision as a bold and hip print ad style:


SmugMug Link

And even a gritty almost dirty view:


SmugMug Link

Even an artsy sketch style view:


SmugMug Link

With just a few minutes and a little creativity, you can take one photo and produce several versions each with it's own expressive feeling and potential audience and purpose.  What mood are you in today?  Me, I'm still singing to The Delfonics.

As a side note, I read last night that Nick Ashford of Ashford and Simpson passed away.  Very sad and a real loss to music.  Although you might not immediately know the name if you aren't a Motown fan, you know the tunes for sure!


No comments: