Sunday, October 13, 2013

A Day at the Vollmer Farm


SmugMug Daily Link

We made our anual trip to The Vollmer Farm on today.  I looked back at my photo albums, and we first started going in 2007.  Wow!  We've made six trips in seven years only missing last year, 2012, due to bad weather, health issues, and weekend conflicts.  We enjoyed this year's trip as much as ever, and Donnie got to go for his first time.  I know everyone will look forward to going again next year as well.

I love it when Donnie and the boys give me great photo ops, and they were really into it today:-)  I've put my favorite shots of the major things we did on the farm into my daily collage.

If you've never laid in a corn crib, you are missing out.  The cool and heavy feel of the corn is very relaxing.

This year, I suggested that we all do the corn maze on our own and compete to see who exited with their 5 finger colors first.  Good choice!  I won:-)

Although it's quite a hike up to the top of the big 'mountain' slide, it is a super thrill going down and we each went 5 times.

I was so sad to hear last year that the giant orange jumping pillow was damaged in a bad storm.  They have replaced the original pillow with a new one, and we enjoyed jumping our hearts out several times during the afternoon.  It's harder than you think!

Although it was a gray day and it misted on us one time, we had a fantastic time finishing out the day with homemade ice cream including pumpkin pie.

No comments: