Sunday, August 12, 2012

Hummer


SmugMug Daily Link

The hummingbirds were very active in my yard yesterday.  I saw at least 3 at one time, but I suspect there were more like 4 or 5 circling the house and various feeders.  I really like the two shots below but felt I couldn't clean up the noise enough to make them technically good enough to put up as my daily:-(  I do also like the shot I posted except I wish it was a solid green background instead of part tree (American Holly) and part green.  Oh well.  Hummer shots for me are pretty difficult, so I'm happy to have gotten these.


SmugMug Link


SmugMug Link

I got this really cool hummer feeder at Tractor Supply.  Neat stained glass tube and atypical pink base.


SmugMug Link

This goldfinch shot from my kitchen window is pretty sharp and he has a seed.  I am thrilled that the goldfinch have stayed all summer.  They ignore the thistle this time of year and mostly go for the sunflower hearts.


SmugMug Link

A spiderweb from off the back deck too.  I applied the Picasa Lucky filter to bring out the contrast and colors.


SmugMug Link

This is a farther back shot of the same web sooc.  It's that spiny orb weaver again.


SmugMug Link

No meteors visible here.  Clouds and light rain:-(

No comments: