Friday, May 11, 2012

A Boy and His Stick


SmugMug Daily Link

I sortof knew from the moment I read about the stick challenge that I'd post this older shot taken in January 2009 when Joey was 6. I found the stick took the shot on a walk at Yates Mill. We were so delighted that we brought this stick home with us and it stood leaning up against the house near the front door since although now rotted and fallen over.

Here's a close-up of the stick.


SmugMug Link

I guess I imagine this stick as a forest friend of sorts.  I see character in those eyes...

Joey and Johnny's baseball teams both lost last night and non memorable plays for either.  Late games after 7:30PM and clouds so I didn't try to take any pics.

I've never been much of a fish eater, but I'm trying to incorporate some new, healthy food into our diet, so yesterday I cooked Donnie and I some salmon.


SmugMug Link

Donnie said it was good, and considering it's only the 2nd time I've cooked and eaten salmon ever, it was enjoyable.  I loosely followed this recipe.

No comments: