Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Tobacco Field View


SmugMug Daily Link

On the way home from dropping the kids off at school this morning, I stopped to take some pictures of the morning glories beside a tobacco field.  I'm kindof bored taking flower pictures (hit me in January when I am dying to take flower pictures) wishing I had more opportunities for people shots or at least barn settings.  I've been looking at this barn for years...daily.  It's not much.  I saw this one sole morning glory up high enough where I could get it and the barn in the shot and though I'd try to take some bracketed images for HDR and see what I could do with them.  I've seen so many wonderful settings on SmugMug by other photogs where they compose some foreground object in front of a gorgeous background scene.  I knew this would not be quite that but wanted to try anyway.

So, tonemapped, straightened, cropped, and a stray piece of grass removed, here you go.

Original:


SmugMug Link

My second choice:


SmugMug Link

With TD Lee past us, the sky was fantastic!


SmugMug Link

My favorite morning glory shot of the morning:


SmugMug Link

No comments: