Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Just Me and Johnny



Today was one of those rare days when Joey was in school, and Johnny and I were both off. Rick was working, so Johnny and I just had the day to ourselves.

After we got Joey on the bus, we headed to Cary via a short stop at Lake Wheeler.. Simpkins pond was shaded and cold, so we didn't stay too long. The ducks weren't super hungry either.

Our main mission was to pick up the Santa Paws pictures at Cameron Village. We checked out The Bargain Box thrift store while we were there too. (Guardian Angel wins hands down in my opinion.)

I also thought a trip to the mall would be nice. Let me tell you, it was great just having one child to keep up with, no refereeing, no loud play acting, no fidgets, etc. Johnny and I had a GREAT time. I could have had an equally nice time with just Joey too I'm sure.

I let Johnny get his pic with Santa. We had our usual soft pretzels and Icee lunch (oops, did I admit that?!?). I let him go on the new kiddie rides. Can you believe they are 75 cents each now?!? I even found a gift I was having trouble finding anywhere else. Great time!
The rest of the pics are here.

No comments: